Can you feel the breeze in the air?
Has the foliage on your island already begun to turn shades of orange?
Autumn has arrived in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game, with acorns and pine cones falling from the trees, waiting to be used for DIY recipes. But there’s more content on the way! On September 30, a free update* to the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game arrives for the Nintendo Switch system that adds some spooky touches to the season, with Halloween costumes, character customization options, DIY projects, and festivities. **
In addition, the Nintendo Switch system – Animal Crossing: New Horizons Edition returns to participating retailers for purchase at a suggested retail price of $299.99. Check with your local retailers for availability details. The system features pastel green and blue Joy-Con controllers and a white Nintendo Switch dock with images of Tom Nook and Nooklings Timmy and Tommy.
“For players who have yet to create their own island paradise in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, now is a good time to get started,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president of sales and marketing. “Players who enjoyed their islands during the spring and summer will find new ways to play when they experience the new festive activities that fall has to offer.”
In November, Animal Crossing Series 1-4 amiibo cards will return to select retailers at a suggested retail price of $5.99 per pack. Animal Crossing: New Horizons supports amiibo cards from the Animal Crossing series, which will allow you to invite characters to live on the island, among other features.
Read on for a rundown of the new features that the free update will add to Animal Crossing: New Horizons starting September 30:
- Growing Pumpkins: Decorate your home and island for all your awesome fall occasions by first purchasing pumpkins in-game from Leif throughout the year or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once the pumpkins have grown, they can be harvested and used in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
- Get ready for Halloween: pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming to your island. With the big day just around the corner, you can start stocking up on candy early. Find your style for Halloween night by shopping for costumes, such as a wizard’s dress, at the Able Sisters store during the month of October. You can even purchase body paint and colored contact lenses by swapping Nook Miles. You can also learn Halloween DIY projects from fellow residents. On Halloween night, your neighbors will get in the holiday spirit with their own costumes.
- Halloween Night Celebrations: When Halloween night arrives on October 31, after 5 pm, neighbors will gather in the plaza, which will be decked out with a variety of Halloween decorations. You will also receive a visit from a mysterious guest, Jack, the “Halloween Czar”. By giving Jack lollipops and candy, you’ll earn spooky in-game rewards – be sure to save some candy for your neighbors too, or you might get pranked! Fortunately, you can learn a couple of new reactions to properly express your scary feelings.
- Revisiting dreams: This summer, the ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced. Now, you will be able to easily revisit dreams from a list, which will make it even easier to visit some of your favorite islands. ***
- NookLink app update: The NookLink service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app will also receive an update in early October. With the update, you will be able to use your smart device to perform in-game reactions. **** How about trying it out this time to let your island visitors know exactly how you feel about their naughty tricks and treats?
We hope you enjoy the fun of the fall season. The next update will arrive at the end of November. We look forward to receiving more information in the coming months.